Our highly experienced interpreters can handle any situation, from international conferences and business meetings to tourist guidance.
We send highly experienced interpreters to government-hosted international conferences and symposia as well as corporate business meetings. We are also actively addressing growing needs associated with international tourism to Japan by dispatching interpreters to provide tourist guidance.
Interpreting is generally classified into "simultaneous interpreting" and "consecutive interpreting." In "simultaneous interpreting," the interpreter listens to what the speaker is saying with headphones and broadcasts a rendered version out to receivers in the audience. With interpreting occurring simultaneously as the speaker speaks, this method is used in gatherings that are lengthy or attended by many people.
In "consecutive interpreting," the speaker speaks for a moment and then pauses, allowing the interpreter to give a sentence-by-sentence interpretation. With the speaker and interpreter taking turns speaking, this method is typically used for gatherings that are short or have few participants. It is also used in interviews, seminars, and the like.
We offer both types, allowing you to choose the one that meets your needs and budget.
|Language||Per interpreter/full day||Per interpreter/half day|
|Level A||From ¥100,000||From ¥70,000|
|Level B||From ¥70,000||From ¥50,000|
- A full day is calculated as 8 hours between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., including a break of 1 hour (7 working hours).
- A half day is calculated as 4 hours in the morning or afternoon, including breaks. Anything exceeding 4 hours is calculated as a full day.
- For simultaneous interpreting, we supply a package of 3 or 4 interpreters for a full day and 2 or 3 interpreters for a half day.
- For consecutive interpreting, we supply a package of 1 or 2 interpreters, depending on the content and time.
- Excess charge
Time in excess of 8 hours in one day will be subject to an additional premium of 25% of the hourly rate.
- Advance preparation charge
If the conference lasts two days or more, or if the content is exceptionally specialized or technical, an advance preparation charge of a half-day or full-day interpreting fee will be applied per interpreter.
- Management fee
A management fee equivalent to 15% of the estimate of costs (minus accommodation costs, travel expenses, and daily allowances) will be charged.
The following charges apply for work that requires long-distance travel to the event venue or overnight accommodation.
Accommodation costs Actual expenses for room charge only (including tax/service charge) Daily allowance (per person/per day)
- In principle, charges apply from the date of departure to the date of return, inclusive.
- When all meal expenses are covered by the interpreter:¥10,000 (in Japan) + ¥10,000 (overseas)
- When all meal expenses are covered by the event promoter:¥5,000 yen (in Japan) + ¥5,000 yen (overseas)
Transportation time charge
(for transportation outside the 23 wards of Tokyo)
- Transportation time will be included in the interpreter engagement time.
- Transportation on the day before or after the engagement:50% of the interpreter's daily rate
- Rest days during a conference period:50% of the interpreter's daily rate
For long-term attendance interpreting on inspections, at seminars, etc., full-day interpreting fees will be applied to the entire period from the first day of work on-site to the final day.
Travel within the 23 wards of Tokyo is included in the basic fee, but actual expenses will be charged for transportation in the course of work as detailed below.
- For travel outside the 23 wards of Tokyo, actual expenses will be charged for all means of transport, starting from a main-line station in Tokyo.
- Actual expenses for all means of transport between destination,airport,hotel and the conference venue.
- Round-trip air fare or round-trip rail fare to the venue destination.
For overseas trips, all airport taxes and visa application fees
- Cancellation charges
7 days' notice to 2 days' notice 50% of the quoted amount 1 day's notice to same-day notice 100% of the quoted amount
- Since these fees will differ depending on content, format, schedule, etc., we will provide an estimate of costs following discussion with the client on a case-by-case basis.
- Fees may be subject to change without notice.
- The above fees do not include tax.