The following are JTC's basic principles regarding protection of confidentiality and copyright relating to work provided by our clients.
- Protection confidentiality
- No confidential information pertaining to the work, whether received in documentary format, by electronic file, or by oral instruction, will be divulged to any third party without the prior consent of the client.
- No confidential information will be appropriated or used for purposes other than for the execution of the work without the prior consent of the client.
- No confidential information will be copied or reproduced for purposes other than for the execution of the work.
- All confidential information pertaining to the work will be returned to the client promptly on completion of the work, or will be destroyed and the client informed of this in writing.
- Unless otherwise decided by express agreement between the two parties, all materials created and supplied upon commission by the client shall be the sole property of the client. Meanwhile, if a literary work (as defined by Copyright Law) should be created in the process of or as a result of the execution of the work, it shall be regarded as a literary work created in the course of professional duty and shall therefore be the property of the client.